WHICH LEXUS IS RIGHT FOR YOU?Blog Apr 6th, 2016
Lexus as we know has been ranked one of the best luxury car brand and yet some of us when purchasing a Lexus, wonder which Lexus in the market is best for you. If at this very moment you are thinking of buying a new Lexus but just aren’t sure whether an IS, RX or ES is right for you, we’ve got you covered! For some power on demand, high quality audio experience might be a must, for others a bit of assistance with reverse parking and eco driving is a must, we have a car for your needs and personality! Keep reading for a full list of all our Lexus models and the features best suited for you.
Lexus ES: Indulge your sense
The 2016 Lexus ES is designed to excite the senses of the most discerning individuals. ES distinguishes itself with attractive standard features, but it doesn’t end here. Behind its re-designed modern front fascia and enhanced front bumper, the sleek, whisper- quiet cabin features, ES makes for a smooth yet exhilarating ride.
Lexus ES delivers the following cars in its lineup:
- ES 300h
Why would you choose ES?
- Dynamic Drivetrain: ES 350 is fueled by an exceptionally advanced 268 HP V6 Engine with Dual Variable Valve Timing-intelligent (VVT-i), offering exceptional fuel efficiency. Mated with a 6-speed Electronically Controlled Transmission (ECT), you’ll delight in smooth shifts and enhanced performance at all speeds.
- Lexus Hybrid Drive: The latest generation Lexus ES lineup introduced the first ES 300h with Lexus Hybrid Drive (LHD). Featuring a highly efficient Atkinson cycle Gasoline Engine that uses regular unleaded fuel and a powerful Electric Motor, the ES 300h provides a combined 200 Net HP5for an exceptionally engaging driving experience, in combination with unmatched fuel efficiency and extremely low emissions.
Lexus GS: Begin your journey
Forging ahead with one hand in innovation and the other in tradition, a complete redesign of GS exterior houses classic interior design that is unmistakably Lexus in both luxury and amenities.
Lexus GS delivers the following cars in its lineup:
- GS 350 AWD
- GS 450h
Why would you choose GS?
- Muscular Power: For 2016, a more muscular 3.5-litre V6 produces 311 HP on the GS 350, combining direct fuel injection and additional port fuel injectors for impressive power and crisp responsiveness. 2016 GS 450h, equipped with second generation Lexus Hybrid Drive, lets you select electric-only driving for maximum efficiency or combine the gas engine and electric motor to deliver 338 Net horsepower, accelerating from 0-100km/h in as little as 5.6 seconds.
- Advanced All-Wheel Drive (AWD): Lexus GS 350 AWD includes Front, Rear and Centre Differentials and distributes 70 percent of the drive power to the rear wheels and 30 percent to the front. When wheel slippage occurs in less than ideal road conditions, the system employs TRAC control to achieve improved traction by automatically transferring power, with up to 50 percent being transferred to the front wheels. The result is a lightweight system that delivers high levels of stability and drivability.
Lexus GX: Choose your path
In Lexus GX 460, the freedom to explore meets the comfort of premium design. Our “grand 4×4” is a true body-on-frame SUV that takes you from the city to off-road and back again, surrounding you with rich leather, lustrous wood trim and advanced technology features for a luxury driving experience.
Lexus GX delivers the following cars in its lineup:
- GX 460
Why would you choose GX?
Multi-mode Automatic Transmission: The 6-speed Super Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission features shift points optimized for power and smoothness. Outfitted with Gate-Type Shift functionality, the GX also lets you experience the joy of a manual shift.
Lexus IS: A better driving experience
The 2016 Lexus IS (Innovative Sedan) combines performance and fuel efficiency. With a new turbo-charged engine, the Lexus IS 200t Turbo outputs 241hp and offers superior smoothness. It features a water-cooled cylinder head, integrated exhaust manifold, and twin scroll turbocharger. Enhanced F SPORT packages for the 300 AWD and 350 AWD are sure to excite you, along with new exterior colors for all models. If you are someone who likes to take up challenges, who likes the thrill, speed and rush the Lexus IS is the one for you!
Lexus IS delivers the following cars in its lineup:
- IS350 AWD
Why would you choose the IS?
- Mode For Your Mood: Drive Mode Select allows you to choose from up to four driving modes – ECO, Normal, or Sport, (plus optional Sport S+ on Lexus IS 350 F SPORT Packages) – to optimize your preferred combination of economy, comfort, performance and handling characteristics
- Charged with Excitement: Equipped with steering-wheel mounted Paddle Shifters for an exhilarating ride, Lexus IS invites you to take control. IS 200t features a turbo engine that outputs just over 35 more HP than its predecessor. An 8-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission delivers quick, smooth acceleration and optimum performance. IS 350 AWD boasts a 6-speed Sport ECT (Electronically-controlled transmission).
Lexus LS: Make your statement
The flagship Lexus LS is the pinnacle of Lexus engineering and artistry. With an improved high rigidity body for an exceptional ride comfort, new LED headlamps and even more advanced technology, our 2016 model takes LS to amazing new heights of refinement.
Lexus LS delivers the following cars in its lineup:
- LS 460 AWD
- LS 460 L AWD
- LS 600h L
Why would you choose LS?
- Muscular V8: The LS’s 360-horsepower, 32-valve V8 engine and 8-speed automatic transmission deliver an invigorating combination of acceleration and seamless shifting. A technological masterpiece, the engine features combined Port and Direct Injection, Electronic Throttle Control with intelligence (ETCS-i), and Variable Valve Timing with intelligence Electronically Driven (VVT-iE) on the Intake Cam, all of which contribute to LS’s commanding output and undeniable efficiency.
- The Power of h: Surprising power and efficiency are at your command. Lexus LS 600h L Lexus Hybrid Drive system combines a potent 5.0-litre 32-valve V8 VVT-iE Engine with two High-Torque Electric Drive Motors and a Powerful Hybrid Battery to produce 439 Net Horsepower5. Read more on Lexus Hybrid Drive.
Lexus LX: Boundless Adventure
Experience the new Lexus LX: the latest expression of Lexus flagship luxury. 2016 LX 570 offers incredibly advanced technology and safety features, luxurious seating for eight, and unsurpassed freedom on or off road – melding boundless performance with uncompromising refinement.
Lexus GX delivers the following cars in its lineup:
- LX 570
Why would you choose LX?
8-Speed Super ECT: A new Eight-speed Super Electronically Controlled Transmission (Super ECT) gives the superior driving performance, reliability, fuel efficiency and quietness of a true luxury driving experience. Continuously monitoring road conditions and intelligently predicting your intentions, LX selects the most appropriate gear for the driving conditions. Employ the sequential shift feature and savour the feel of a manual transmission, or embrace the thrill of steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
Lexus NX: Unspoken Style
Lexus NX exhibits a bold, expertly crafted take on the luxury compact SUV. A harmonious pairing of style and power – and Lexus’s first-ever gasoline turbo engine available in North America – NX is the embodiment of progressive luxury, commanding attention without saying a word.
Lexus NX delivers the following cars in its lineup:
- NX 200t
- NX 300h
Why would you choose NX?
- The Thrill of Turbo: Lexus’ first-ever 2.0 Litre 4-Cylinder direct injection Turbo-charged engine, showcases unexpected fuel efficiency with unflinching performance inside of this Lexus SUV. It’s a world-first combination of a water-cooled cylinder head, integrated exhaust manifold and twin scroll turbo charger. The results are undeniable. A luxury compact SUV with the beating heart of a sports car.
- The Power of Hybrid: Lexus NX 300h wrings high fuel efficiency and low emissions from a dependable third generation hybrid powertrain. It’s paired with an electronically-controlled Continuous Variable Transmission for exceptional output. Tuned for SUV performance watch the needle jump at the same rate as your pulse.
Lexus RC: Exhilaration unleashed
The exterior of RC coupe is rigid enough to ensure an agile performance. If you observer this particular Lexus carefully, you will discover the intricate headlight designs that implements the symbolic Lexus L- shaped motif front and rear. RC keeps things steady with double wishbone suspension in the front and multi-link suspension in the rear, helped by Aero Stabilizing fins on the rare bumper corners.
Lexus RC delivers the following cars in its lineup:
- Lexus RC 300 AWD
- Lexus RC 350 AWD
Why would you choose the RC?
- The Evolution of Power: The high-performance 6-speed automatic AWD powertrain is paired with an aggressive dual-injection 3.5-litre V6, unleashing 255 hp and peak torque of 236 lb.ft. on the RC 300, and 307 hp and peak torque of 277 lb.ft. on the RC 350.
- Geared to Thrill: Lexus RC’s 6-speed automatic transmission with paddle shift is adapted from the IS F performance sedan to optimize power delivery and maximize fuel economy. In manual (M) mode, full torque converter lockup from second to eighth gears enables down changes in just 0.2 seconds. RC’s racing spirit is even audible in its engine note, specially tuned to deliver an evocative sports car “growl”.
Lexus RC F: Track ready, street legal
The RC F engine boasts the most powerful Lexus V8 engine ever. Powered with 5.0 LV 8, this engine speaks volumes- 467 horsepower precisely. The available Torque Vectoring Deferential (TVD) augments the driving performance. Lexus RC F has been forged from the track up… without compromise.
Why would you choose the RC F?
- Thirst for the Track: At its core, RC F has been engineered for pulse-racing performance. Featuring our most powerful Lexus 5.0-litre V8 engine, capable of 467 HP and 389 lb.ft. torque, it more than lives up to its bold performance-inspired ideals. For the first time in a Lexus performance engine, RC F uses the Atkinson cycle at cruising speeds and then switches to the Otto cycle for higher rpm, delivering high levels of fuel efficiency along with its impressive 7300-rpm range.
- Aerodynamic Flow: As in the Lexus LFA supercar, an active rear wing is stowed in RC F’s trunk lid at speeds of 40km/h and below, helping to enhance fuel efficiency. At speeds of 80km/h or higher (130km/h or higher in ECO mode), the wing automatically deploys to smooth airflow from the roof and ensure excellent down force for handling stability. The wing is a highlight of RC F’s aerodynamic grip and stability package, which also includes careful tuning of the flat underbody, the ducts at the rear of the front bumper and front fenders, and strategic placement of aero-stabilizing fins to optimize airflow at the underfloor.
Lexus RX: Elegance with an Edge
In the all-new 2016 Lexus RX, the luxury crossover has a bold new edge. With a chiseled exterior, elegant interior, exceptional performance, agile handling and advanced safety technologies, the fourth-generation RX offers the next phase in relentless innovation – including the first ever RX Hybrid F SPORT .
Lexus RX delivers the following cars in its lineup:
- RX 350
- RX 450H
Why would you choose RX?
More Powerful Output: Embrace a more responsive, more performance-driven, more thrilling driving experience behind the wheel of the redesigned Lexus RX. In 2016, RX 350 elevates the smooth, powerful and fuel-efficient performance it is known for, raising the bar with a 3.5-litre V6 mated to velvet-smooth 8-speed automatic transmission and tuned to a powerful 295 HP.