The make, model, and year of your Lexus, along with driving conditions, is why recommendations for oil changes differ from one automaker to the next. With this in mind, drivers who are considered to be “severe” will need to change their oil on a more frequent basis than “normal” drivers. To be considered “severe”, driving during your typical week will consist of driving in any of the conditions below:
- Stop-and-go traffic or excessive idling
- Extreme humidity
- Hauling heavy items or towing a trailer
- Extreme heat, over 90°
- Extreme cold, below 10°
- Frequent trips under 5 miles
Other FAQs you might also be interested in…
- What should you do when the check engine light comes on in your Lexus?
- Why is The Check Engine Light in My Lexus On?
- How Do I Change The Car Battery In My Lexus?
- How Can I Check The Transmission Fluid Level In My Lexus?
- Where do I find the recommendations applicable to my Lexus for oil change frequency?