The Lexus RX Reinvents Itself Yet Again For 2020 With More Technology, Enhanced Performance, And Even More Reasons To Consider A HybridSep 23rd, 2019
- With a compelling combination of new style, product, technology and self-charging hybrid electric powertrains, Lexus presents yet another reason to consider the RX Family
- Multimedia Remote Service systems with new touchscreens, plus all models updated with Lexus Enform, Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ compatibility
TORONTO, ON – September 23, 2019 – Canada’s favourite Lexus has been redefined for 2020 with more refined styling, more advanced connectivity services, improved performance and greater safety. Choose from four models with a choice of powertrains and seating capacity, then tailor the RX to reflect your taste and lifestyle with an impressive selection of upgrade packages – including F SPORT editions.
“The RX is the original luxury crossover – the one that started it all – and has always offered a versatile blend of style, substance and performance. For 2020, we’ve redesigned the RX to deliver even more of what has made it a favourite year after year, with Canadian luxury buyers,” said Robert Tsang, Director of Lexus in Canada. “We’re pleased to offer the RX Hybrid models at a compelling new price point this year. There’s no better time for Canadians to enjoy the no-compromises electrified luxury experience offered by the new RX or any other self-charging hybrid electric in the Lexus lineup.”
New for 2020, Lexus gives the RX series a bold new look, starting with a refined front grille, redesigned LED headlights and rear taillights, and newly styled wheels. More than skin deep, the beautifully re-styled RX features enlarged and repositioned side grilles and new fog lamps – while a precisely-honed character line running from front to rear reduces noise and enhances stability at high speeds.
Inside, the RX series immerses driver and passengers in a realm of sublime comfort and superb craftsmanship, enhanced with elegant touches such as the hand-stitched leather dash and heated steering wheel. The RX models offer luxurious seating for five, while the three-row RX L models make room for seven. Updated features on all models include a new touchscreen and Lexus Remote touchpad plus two extra USB outlets in the rear. These join an impressive list of comfort, convenience and luxury features that combine to give every passenger an unparalleled in-vehicle experience.
Every RX model includes next-level, powerful-yet-intuitive technologies, too. Standard Lexus Display Audio with Remote offers a new dimension of convenience and connectivity, with a suite of remote features that include an 8” touchscreen display and speakers specially tuned to the RX environment. New this year, all RX models include Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ connectivity as well as Enform Remote Connect, Enform Safety Connect and Enform Service Connect.
All RX models for 2020 come standard with the latest smartphone auto shared displays and their respective virtual assistant. Guests can access the same familiar interface of their desired technologies through the RX’s standard 8-inch touchscreen dashboard display, or an available 12.3-inch high resolution split-screen touchscreen. And, with six USB ports throughout the RX, both the driver and passengers can keep their smart devices charged and ready to use. The Lexus Multimedia System touchscreen offers control of audio and climate systems in addition to providing a view of what’s behind the vehicle via the backup camera. With the addition of a designed space to store smartphones near the front of the center console, guests can better utilize space to secure their personal items and still engage with the Lexus Multimedia System.
With Android Auto™, guests can seamlessly display their device’s interface on the RX’s touchscreen display. With larger touch targets, a simplified interface and easy-to-use voice actions through the Google Assistant, it’s designated to minimize distraction, so you can stay focused on the road. Once connected, guests will enjoy music from apps such as Spotify® or send messages through commonly used apps like WhatsApp® and Skype®. The interface also allows them to navigate with Google Maps™ or Waze. With the Google Assistant in Android Auto, drivers can use their voice to get things done quickly and easily for a seamless, smooth and enjoyable driving experiences. Tailored information is provided based on calendar, device usage, activity and habits.
For Apple CarPlay™ integration, guests can use their iPhone® through the Lexus RX’s touchscreen display. When their iPhone is connected, commands for driving directions, phone calls, and sending and receiving messages via Siri® are enabled. They can also gain access to favorite apps like Waze, Spotify®, podcasts and Apple Audiobooks™.
The RX has always been an engaging crossover, and that tradition continues for 2020. The RX 350 and RX 350 L feature a powertrain built around a powerful and proven 3.5L V6 engine mated to an eight-speed automatic with standard Dynamic Torque Control AWD and sequential shift mode. For advanced performance and efficiency, the RX 450h and RX 450h L are advanced self-charging hybrid models built around a Lexus Hybrid Drive featuring an Atkinson cycle 3.5L V6 and continuously variable transmission.
All models feature newly designed steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters for manual-like control, and deliver power to the road via the Lexus Active Torque All-Wheel Drive system. The result is a luxury crossover that enables spirited driving, enhanced fuel efficiency, and added confidence regardless of the weather or road conditions. Drive Mode Select and other system enhance the already engaging driving experience.
As a Lexus, every RX also delivers state of the art safety. New for 2020, all RX models are standard equipped with Lexus Safety System + 2.0 – the newest generation of the Lexus bundle of active safety technologies. LSS+ 2.0 supports the driver’s awareness and decision-making under a variety of traffic conditions and contingencies. Additional safety upgrades include the whiplash injury lessening front seats, the Lexus Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert technologies, a direct tire pressure monitoring system, a backup camera with back guide monitor and 10 airbags.
The Lexus RX series is available in a range of models and trim levels as follows:
The 2020 Lexus RX 350 (starting MSRP: $56,050) is standard equipped with the Lexus Premium Package. This model features a new 18” alloy wheel design, cargo area lamp with new LED source, and thoughtful in-cabin storage including a new space designed for smart phones. Other standard features include dual zone automatic climate control, power-adjustable front row seats with driver’s seat with memory system, heated and ventilated front row seats, heated 40/20/40 split folding second row seats, a 4.2” full colour multi information display, integrated garage door opener, the Lexus Smart Key System with Push Button Start, a power rear door with jam protection, power adjustable and heated exterior mirrors with integrated signal lamps, aluminum roof rails, a power moon roof, roof mounted spoiler, rain-sensing wipers and LED headlamps.
The self-charging hybrid 2020 Lexus RX 450h (starting MSRP: $58,800) is priced $5,700 less than its equivalent 2019 model, bringing it within $2,750 of its conventionally-powered RX 350 cousin. Lexus continues to demonstrate electrification leadership through its self-charging hybrid electric powertrains, offering a range of electrified models from sedans to SUVs designed to suit any lifestyle. With improved fuel efficiency, advanced power and performance, and even more accessible pricing, those Canadians looking to encounter a no-compromise experience within the electric automobile space, the RX450h makes a compelling contender. The RX 450h is
standard equipped with the Lexus Premium Package, and the standard equipment is similar to offerings on the 2020 RX 350.
Both models may be further enhanced with a choice of available packages, as follows:
- The Luxury Package (Starting MSRP: $63,950 for the RX 350 and $66,700 for the RX 450h) adds many comfort, convenience and luxury features. New for 2020, these include a 12.3” full colour touchscreen, LED fog lamps, and Lexus Navigation with Remote which includes embedded navigation and Destination Assist. Other upgrades in this package include premium leather seats, woodgrain and leather-wrapped steering wheel, 20” alloy wheels, front illuminated LED scuff plates, auto recirculation air conditioning, L-shaped premium LED headlamps, cornering lamps and premium LED rear combination lamps.
- The Executive Package (Starting MSRP: $69,850 for the RX 350 and $72,600 for the RX 450h) builds on the Luxury Package. New this year, it features a kick sensor power back door as well as a panoramic glass roof, panoramic view monitor, power folding rear seats, a head-up display, wireless charging system for compatible personal electronics, and a 15 speaker Mark Levinson Audio system.
These models are also available in a pair of F SPORT editions, which enhance performance and wrap the base RX in more aggressive style:
- The F SPORT Series 2 (Starting MSRP: $65,050 for the RX 350 and $67,800 for the RX 450h) gains new features for this year, including a 12.3” full colour touchscreen, LED fog lamps, and Lexus Navigation with Remote.
- Other upgrades from the base model include auto recirculation air conditioning, L-shaped premium LED headlamps, cornering lamps and premium LED rear combination lamps. F SPORT exclusive enhancements includes Adaptive Variable Suspension and F SPORT-styled leather seating, leather steering wheel with paddle shifters, shift knob, meters, scuff plates, front grille and 20” alloy wheels.
- The F SPORT Series 3 (Starting MSRP: $69,850 for the RX 350 and $72,600 for the RX 450h) builds on the Series 2 model. New for this year, this model includes the kick sensor power back door. Other upgrades in this package include a panoramic glass roof, panoramic view monitor, power folding rear seats, a head-up display, wireless charging system for compatible personal electronics, and a 15 speaker Mark Levinson Audio system.
The 2020 RX L series carries starting MSRPs that are unchanged from the 2019 model year and are offered as follows:
The 2020 Lexus RX 350 L (starting MSRP: $59,050) is standard equipped with the Lexus Premium Package. This model features a new 18” alloy wheel design, cargo area lamp with new LED source, , a standard power-folding third row bench seat, a new auto-dimming rear view mirror with standard (select models) compass, thoughtful in-cabin storage including a new space designed for smart phones, and the addition of the Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert technologies as standard equipment on all models. Other standard features include a 8” display audio system, dual zone climate control with rear seat controls, power-adjustable heated and ventilated front row seats, heated second row seats, a 4.2” full colour multi information display, the Lexus Smart Key System with Push Button Start, power adjustable and heated exterior mirrors with integrated signal lamps, roof rails, a power moon roof, roof mounted spoiler, rain-sensing wipers, and LED headlamps enhanced with the available auto leveling headlamp system and headlamp washers.
This model may be further enhanced with a choice of available packages, as follows:
- The 2020 Lexus RX 350 L Luxury 7 Passenger (starting MSRP: $66,950) features several new upgrades for this model year, including a new 12.3” full colour touch screen display, premium LED rear combination lamps, LED fog lamps and Lexus Navigation with Remote which includes embedded navigation and Destination Assist. Other upgrades in this package include premium leather seating, woodgrain and leather wrapped steering wheels, unique 20” alloy wheels, a rear door sun shade, front illuminated LED door scuff plates, auto recirculation air conditioning, intelligence clearance sonar with rear cross traffic brake system, and illuminated wood interior trim.
- The 2020 Lexus RX 350 L Executive 7 Passenger (starting MSRP: $72,850) now includes newly designed 20” alloy wheels and a kick sensor power back door. Other upgrades include everything in the Luxury trim level, plus a panoramic view monitor, a head-up display, wireless charging system for compatible personal electronics, and a 15 speaker Mark Levinson Audio system.
- The 2020 Lexus RX 350 L Executive 6 Passenger (starting MSRP: $73,350) builds on the Executive 7 Passenger model, removing the kick sensor power rear door but adding the luxurious comfort of second-row captain’s seats.
The 2020 Lexus RX 450h L (starting MSRP: $76,100) is standard equipped at the Lexus Executive 6 Passenger trim level. New content this year includes a voice activated Lexus Navigation with Remote which includes embedded navigation and Destination Assist, new 12.3” full colour touch screen, new 20” wheel design, redesigned LED fog lamps, and a new kick sensor power back door. Other standard features on this self-charging hybrid model include dual zone automatic climate control with automatic air recirculation, premium leather seat surfaces, heated and ventilated front seats, 10-way power adjustable front seats, driver’s seat memory system, heated middle-row captain’s seats, power foldable 50/50 split third-row seats, head up display, a 4.2” full colour multi information display, integrated garage door opener, the Lexus Smart Key System with Push Button Start, a power rear door with jam protection, the panoramic view monitor, front LED illuminated scuff plates, heated wood grain steering wheel, leather-wrapped shift knob, LED ambient lighting, a wireless charging system for compatible personal electronics, clearance and backup sensors, rear cross traffic brake system, door handle touch sensor lock/unlock on all doors, aluminum roof rails, power adjustable and heated exterior mirrors with integrated signal lamps, a power moon roof, roof mounted spoiler, rain-sensing wipers, cornering lamps, premium LED headlamps enhanced with the auto leveling headlamp system and headlamp washers, LED daytime running lights, LED fog lamps, and premium LED rear combination lamps.
The 2020 Lexus RX series is now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada. For complete and up to date details and specifications, visit www.lexus.ca/rx
About Lexus Canada
Lexus Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 39 dealers across Canada. Guests have access to a wide range of luxury and performance vehicles with a total of 12 Lexus nameplates available in Canada, including the largest luxury hybrid lineup of 6 hybrid models. Inspired by bold design, intuitive technology, and peak performance, Lexus is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services and creating amazing experiences for their guests. The Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h are built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada’s (TMMC) award-winning Cambridge South plant. For more information about Lexus and Lexus products, please visit: www.lexus.ca.