Expertly Crafted For The Urban Explorer: The All-New 2019 Lexus UXDec 6th, 2018
TORONTO, ON – December 6, 2018 –The Lexus UX – an all-new model for 2019 – is the urban explorer that Canadians have been waiting for. This fresh take on the compact luxury crossover features city-smart technology and bold urban style that’s designed to enable active lifestyles. To celebrate, Lexus introduces the UX with pricing that makes it hard to resist.
“The compact luxury crossover segment is one of the hottest vehicle segments in Canada today and with the UX, we’ve set out to redefine it,” said Jennifer Barron, Director of Lexus in Canada. “The UX is the small SUV that drives like a performance sedan, expresses brave styling and craftsmanship from every angle, and keeps our guests connected to the people and things that matter to them. We’re thrilled to offer our Canadian guests this fresh choice, featuring compelling pricing on all models – including the segment’s first advanced and efficient self-charging hybrid.”
The UX series consists of two models:
- The 2019 Lexus UX 200 is built around a responsive 168 horsepower four-cylinder engine and front wheel drive. It offers top of class standard equipment at the very competitive starting MSRP of just $37,100.
- The 2019 Lexus UX 250h adds the newest Lexus all wheel drive technology – known as eAWD – plus the efficient power and low emissions of a 175 net horsepower self-charging hybrid system. Compared to the UX 200, this model delivers additional all-weather driving confidence, plus more horsepower and better fuel efficiency, for just $2,600 extra – with a starting MSRP of just $39,700.
The UX stands out from the crowd with convention-shattering design. The bold signature Lexus Spindle Grille and dramatically flared fenders emphasize the UX’s strong crossover qualities. Its nimble performance and excellent maneuverability shine through in details like aero-stabilizing blade lights and aluminum wheels featuring aerodynamic designs. Rear combination lamps connected by a continuous single line of 120 LEDs round out UX’s innovative character and cutting edge appeal. Also breaking with convention, this compact crossover comes in a dazzling palette of new colours – including Celestial Blue, Cadmium Orange and Nori Green Pearl.
The design of the new UX also blurs the boundary between exterior and interior. The hood appears to flow seamlessly into the instrument panel, creating a sense of continuity. The driver-centric cabin offers a commanding view of the road, with controls harmoniously at hand and technologies designed to elevate the experience. The UX offers ample space for five adults in comfortable seats clad in NuLuxe. Power adjustable front seats are heated and ventilated. Dual zone automatic climate control lets occupants tailor the interior to suit individual preferences. Rear seat passengers enjoy an airy, open space – while the 60/40 split rear seats maximize versatility when it comes to mixing people and cargo. With the rear seat stowed, the UX offers plenty of cargo capacity for weekend getaways.
Getaways are always exhilarating, too – thanks to the UX’s spirited performance and razor’s edge handling. Built on the new Lexus GA-C – the Compact Global Architecture Platform – the UX features high structural rigidity, and low centre of gravity, and the tightest turning radius in its class. It responds quickly and surely to the driver’s every input to deliver an exceptionally agile driving experience. Canadians guests can choose from two power trains:
- The UX 200 is a front-wheel-drive model built around a new 2.0L inline four-cylinder engine. This powerhouse delivers both high performance – at up to 168 horsepower – and impressive fuel efficiency. It’s paired with a new Direct Shift continuously variable transmission, which combines the creamy-smooth performance of a conventional CVT with the more direct feel of a traditional gear-driven automatic.
- The UX 250h self-charging hybrid brings the most proven hybrid technology on the planet to the UX – and the first hybrid powertrain to the compact luxury crossover segment. The result is an incredible blend of power and efficiency. The fourth generation Lexus hybrid powertrain generates 175 net horsepower while minimizing fuel use. This model is further enhanced with the innovative Lexus electric All-Wheel-Drive system. When accelerating, cornering or driving on slippery surfaces, eAWD automatically engages an additional motor on the rear axle and adjust the power split between front and rear. The result is exceptional handling stability and greater traction across a wide range of driving situations – giving the UX 250h the responsiveness of a hatchback plus the all-weather confidence and security of a crossover – and all without compromising fuel efficiency or cargo space.
All UX models are technology showcases, with a long list of standard equipment. Lexus Display Audio systems include Bluetooth connectivity, USB audio input and controls mounted on the steering wheel. They’re enhanced with Apple CarPlay and Lexus Enform – integrating Enform App Suite 2.0, Enform Safety Connect and Scout GPS Link for navigation.
As a Lexus, the 2019 UX series also offers drivers and passengers peace of mind through a comprehensive safety package – starting with Lexus Safety System + 2.0. This is the second generation of LSS+, which is standard equipment on 98% of all new models Lexus offers in Canada. LSS+ 2.0 supports the driver’s awareness and decision-making under a variety of traffic conditions and contingencies. Features include the pre-collision system with pedestrian detection extended to low light conditions plus daytime bicycle detection, lane departure alert with lane tracing assist, dynamic radar cruise control, and an automatic high beam system. Other standard safety features include Lexus Enform Safety Connect, the Blind Spot Monitor system, a backup camera, 10 airbags, a direct tire pressure monitoring system, rain-sensing wipers, anti-theft system and more.
For 2019, the Lexus UX is offered in a range of models and trim levels, as follows:
The 2019 Lexus UX 200 (starting MSRP: $37,100) is standard equipped with many premium features – including a leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, multi-information display, six-speaker audio system with 7-inch display screen, an auto-dimming rear view mirror with integrated compass, tonneau cover, 17” alloy wheels, power adjustable heated exterior mirrors, a power moon roof, roof rails, Bi-Beam LED headlamps with washers, LED daytime running lights and clearance lamps, and more.
- This model may also be ordered as the 2019 Lexus UX 200 F SPORT Series 1 (starting MSRP: $39,400), which pairs the UX’s performance with a more aggressive style. Features in this package include paddle shifters, a heated steering wheel, the Lexus Active Noise Control system, and LED fog lamps and cornering lamps. F SPORT exclusive details include 18” alloy wheels, the steering wheel, front grille, sport seats, shift knob and scuff plates.
The 2019 Lexus UX 250h eAWD (starting MSRP: $39,700) brings advanced self-charging hybrid power and efficiency plus the added driving confidence of electronic All-Wheel-Drive to the UX. This model is otherwise similarly equipped to the UX 200 with many premium features – including a leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, multi-information display, six-speaker audio system with 7-inch display screen, an auto-dimming rear view mirror with integrated compass, tonneau cover, 18” alloy wheels, power adjustable heated exterior mirrors, a power moon roof, roof rails, Bi-Beam LED headlamps with washers, LED daytime running lights and clearance lamps, and more. This model may be enhanced with a range of upgrade packages, as follows:
- The 2019 Lexus UX 250h eAWD Luxury Package (starting MSRP: $44,900) adds numerous technology enhancements – including a head-up display, 10.3” Display Audio, eight speakers, upgrades to the Enform system including embedded navigation, traffic and weather plus Enform Destination Assist, intuitive parking assist with auto braking and the Qi wireless charging tray for personal electronics. Other upgrades include a hands-free rear lift gate, a driver’s seat memory system linked to exterior mirrors, auto tilting reverse mirrors, an exclusive instrument panel featuring trim inspired by “Washi” handmade Japanese paper, an integrated garage door opener, and a single-knob ventilation control with wireless lighting.
- The 2019 Lexus UX 250h eAWD F SPORT Series 1 (starting MSRP: $41,800) builds on the base model, adding more aggressive style. Features in this package include the Lexus Active Noise Control system and LED fog lamps and cornering lamps. F SPORT exclusive details include 18” alloy wheels, the steering wheel, front grille, sport seats, shift knob and scuff plates.
- The 2019 Lexus UX 250h eAWD F SPORT Series 2 (starting MSRP: $48,500) enhances the Series 1 package, adding numerous technology enhancements – including a head-up display, 10.3” Display Audio, eight speakers, upgrades to the Enform system including embedded navigation, traffic and weather plus Enform Destination Assist, intuitive parking assist with auto braking and the Qi wireless charging tray for personal electronics. Other upgrades include a hands-free rear lift gate, a driver’s seat memory system linked to exterior mirrors, auto tilting reverse mirrors, triple LED headlamps, and an integrated garage door opener.
The all-new 2019 Lexus UX series will be on sale early 2019 at Lexus Dealers across Canada. For complete and up to date details and specifications, visit www.lexus.ca/ux
About Lexus Canada
Lexus Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 39 dealers across Canada. Guests have access to a wide range of luxury and performance vehicles with a total of 14 Lexus nameplates available in Canada, including the largest luxury hybrid lineup of 7 hybrid models. Inspired by bold design, intuitive technology, and peak performance, Lexus is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services and creating amazing experiences for their guests. The Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h are built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada’s (TMMC) award-winning Cambridge South plant. For more information about Lexus and Lexus products, please visit: www.lexus.ca.