How Can I Check The Transmission Fluid Level In My Lexus?Feb 29th, 2016
Learning how to check the level of the transmission fluid in your Lexus is a relatively simple process. To maintain optimum vehicle health, this self-check should be done once per month. For the reading to be as accurate as possible, the vehicle should be parked on a level surface and the transmission fluid level should be checked with the Lexus running, and completely warmed up.
- The first thing that you need to do is remove the transmission fluid dipstick. The handle is most often a bright color, such as red or yellow. If you are not certain exactly where this is located under the hood, the Lexus owner’s manual has this information.
- Once the stick has been located and removed, wipe it off on a rag, place it back in the original position, and remove it once again.
- There are labels that are for both “Cold” and “Warm” readings. It is the warm that you will want to check.
- If the fluid level is below full, slowly add in additional transmission fluid into where the dipstick is placed, and measure after each addition until the well is at the full line.
- The safest way to add fluid back into the transmission is with the use of a funnel. After the filling is complete and the dipstick has been placed back in the proper hole, wait for several minutes and then check the fluid level again to ensure that it has been done properly.
- If you do not feel comfortable checking the transmission fluid level in your Lexus by yourself, or if you believe that there may be problem, the Lexus precision service experts at Ken Shaw Lexus in Toronto, Ontario will be happy to assist you. Additionally, the Lexus transmission fluid should also be flushed at regular intervals to get rid of the accumulated dirt and grime that have settled within. Flushing intervals vary by model and this information can be found either in the owner’s manual, or by taking your Toronto Lexus in to Ken Shaw Lexus to work out a preventative maintenance schedule.